Thanks to MamaKat for hosting this every week. Some weeks I am more inspired by the prompts than others.
This week's prompts were:
1.) Time for your tangent…what is your latest complaint?
2.) If you could have given yourself a snapshot five years ago of what your life is like now, what would the picture be of and how do you think you would have felt about it?
3.) What’s in YOUR name? What does it mean? Why was it given to you? etc..
4.) Write a letter to the first person who ever broke your heart.
5.) Welcome to the most shocking rose ceremony in writing prompt history. Please award roses to the ten people (or items) in your life that you’d like to continue pursuing a relationship with.
And since I am in a writing mood, I may use several of them, but for today, I'm going to go with #5.
Every week on The Bachelor, there is a rose ceremony. From what I understand, the Bachelor gives a rose to each woman he wants to stay in the competition for another week. So, what ten people or items would I like to continue my relationship with?
Here goes. . . (in random order)
1. The first and most beautiful rose would go to my Savior. I want our relationship to deepen and grow into the most meaningful friendship/love that I have ever known.
2. The second rose would go to my husband. Over the last couple of months, especially, my love for Jason has seemed to grow immensely. I think some of that comes from the fact that we are both learning to compromise a little more. Jason truly is an amazing guy, and I am so thankful that he puts up with me!
3. Rose number three would be given to my family to share equally. Since there are a total of fifteen of us between my parents, their eight kids, 2 (soon to be 3) in-laws, and 2 grandkids, each person might only get a petal or two. . .
4. This rose is for my students. I hope that I can keep in touch with each of them off and on throughout the years. I pray that the relationship I have with them will make a lasting impact on their lives.
5. Rose number five is offered timidly. It goes to my in-laws. They are truly fascinating people and I would like to get to know them better.
6. This rose I give rather grudgingly. This one goes to my housecleaning chores. Although I do wish to pursue and improve my relationship with them, there are days when I think they want to control my life. That kind of relationship is something I am not quite ready for!
7. The seventh rose goes out to all of my faithful blog readers. I realize that there have been long stretches with no posts, but some of you are still regular readers and commenters , and that truly means the world to me!
8. Rose number eight would be given to the assistant principal at our school. She has truly been a mentor for me, and has been a model of a great educator.
9. The ninth rose is to my pets. I love them and plan on keeping them around for awhile!
10. This may sound strange and conceited, but after much thought and careful deliberation, the tenth rose will be given to . . .
You see, Bethany has had a very hard relationship with herself throughout her life. There have been many more things that she disliked about her self than she liked. However, she realizes that over the last few months, God has been showing her just how special she really is. She has talents, and is using them for His glory. So, she is definitely someone with whom I would like to work on a deeper, more positive relationship.
Oh, by the way, there are some people/things that are being sent away without a rose this year. They are doubts, fears, fights about things that don't matter, and days wasted. I am not at all saddened to see them go, and am sure that with the roses I am giving out, my life will be full and rewarding even in their absence!