- 6 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
DirectionsIn a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, vanilla chips, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining cream; heat through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in vanilla.
I added extra cinnamon and a pinch of extra sugar so that this would suit my husband's taste. You could also try omitting the cinnamon and nutmeg and replacing it with a teaspoon of peppermint extract. Yum!